This job might no longer be available.
Staff Software Engineer (Services) - League of Legends, Events Core Team
2 months ago
As Software Engineers at Riot, we bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. We work with both new and current technology, overcoming high-volume obstacles and delivering value to players.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the League of Legends' Events Core Team, you will craft the architecture of an interactive system and implement new features to bring exciting new event experiences for our players. You work toward technical excellence and are passionate about driving collaboration across teams. You will report to the Initiative Engineering Manager who will support you by providing connection, alignment, and mentoring to achieve player, Riot, and personal growth goals.
- Work with Game Design, UX Design, Art, Production, and Brand Management peers to shape player experiences
- Communicate with a variety of teams across League of Legends on several adjacent products including Store and Rewards
- Give feedback to producers, designers, and creative leads on the technical tradeoffs of their designs and ideas
- Architect the front-end system's connections to a variety of services, and develop features based on that architecture
- Build sustainable, reusable backend systems that support future front-end systems
- Document technical requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ yrs of experience working on distributed back-end or microservices architecture, expertise in Java
- Experience implementing best practices in software design, testing, operating and maintaining systems with large user bases
- Experience with profiling and addressing performance and scale problems
- Experience working with Product Owners / Development Managers / Designers to deliver value
- You promote clear communication and bring visibility to technical decisions
- Great sense for UI/UX and experience, working cross-discipline with art and visual design
- Familiarity with C++
- Experience with Lean or Agile development processes (i.e. - Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with game development
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).