Software Engineer II - Mobile
9 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
On the Commerce mobile team, our customer focus is on users who primarily use mobile devices to access Twitch. We want to build experiences that feel native to the mobile app and help mobile users feel like they can be part of the Twitch community by lowering the barriers to participation. You will work in a native app, used by more than a millions users each day, with modern technologies like Swift, Kotlin, MVP and Coroutines.
You will report to Monetization's Mobile & Tactical Growth Director of Engineering.
Location: Remote Friendly (US/Canada), with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and Seattle
- Develop and deliver new product features for our Android and iOS applications
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase the teams effectiveness
- Contribute to team planning and design discussions
- Work with teams and organizations to bring value to our creators and viewers
- Communicate complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
- 2+ years of application development experience on Android and 2+ years of application development experience on iOS
- Proficiency with Kotlin, Swift and the Android and iOS development ecosystems
- Ability to write secure, stable, testable, and maintainable code with minimal defects
- Experience working on a dedicated, mobile software engineering team
- Familiarity or Experience with In-App purchases on Android or iOS
- Familiarity or Experience with Android or iOS networking systems
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW8111
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from our lowest geographic market up to our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience . Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.twitch.tv/jobs/en/#learn-more. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Remote US Pay Per Year
$115,000 — $223,600 USD