Software Engineer II (Mobile)- Anti-Cheat
Los Angeles, California, United States
15 days ago
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Riot Anti-Cheat Engineers are knowledgeable in many different areas. We don't just focus on breaking things; we support teams across Riot to develop robust game security capabilities which help protect the competitive experience. We relish the opportunity to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own security risk profile and complex challenges. At the most fundamental level, our goal is to protect the competitive experience that our players build.
As an Anti-Cheat Engineer, you will fight to protect the competitive integrity of Riot's games, ensuring a fair experience for all players. You’ll proactively detect instances of cheating, botting or boosting while also minimizing the motivation to participate in these behaviors. You’ll need a background in reverse engineering to help identify new cheats, and a strong programming skill set to bring your creative solutions to life. You will work within Security discipline reporting to the Central Anti-Cheat team, you’ll discover new ways to protect the player experience.
- Develop and support anti-cheating solutions that detect and protect against malicious behavior.
- Reverse engineer exploits and software used to cheat, bot or boost in game experience
- Help create the methodology for how Riot improves the competitive ecosystem
- Partner with product teams and security leadership throughout Anti-Cheat incidents
- Improve Riot's security posture by ensuring proper remediation, eradication and lessons learned are rolled back into day to day operations
- Develop relationships with engineering teams to understand their security needs
- Stay aware of new exploits and tech to stay one step ahead in the cheating arms race
- Minimum 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience building software using C/C++, Java, or Go
- Experience reverse engineering cheating applications and tooling
- Experience with process and memory management optimization
- Knowledge of Windows internals and the kernel.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).