Software Engineer II - Fur/CFX
7 days ago
DigitalFish has an immediate need for a Software Engineer who has a strong grasp of Houdini as a developer and user, and who has developed Houdini-based creature simulations for professional visual effects, animation or video game production. As a Software Engineer with DigitalFish, your work will be used in the implementation of software algorithms and tools to enable the creation of creature-driven effects for one of the largest and most successful visual effects brands in the industry.
DigitalFish has long been a trusted partner of leading digital media companies, and we are at the center of their efforts to build a new generation of platforms and experiences. Current and past customers include Technicolor, Pixar/Disney, DreamWorks, Activision, Facebook, Google, Apple, LEGO, ESPN, NASA and many others.
Ideal candidates will have 7-10 years relevant work experience, but if you think you’re right for this position, contact us; we’ll listen.
- Take ownership of the design and implementation of algorithms focused on processing deformation and simulation of geometries for Visual Effects
- Develop highly efficient C++ code to create film-quality effects on high-density polygonal meshes and curves
- Collaborate and contribute with peers in an Agile development environment, including conducting code reviews to ensure quality and standards are maintained
- Work with pipeline developers to ensure the data required by your algorithms are assetized and accessible in the pipeline
- Integrate and deploy Houdini and Katana plug-ins
- Document implementation and usage of your solutions
- Educate end users on how to take advantage of new capabilities unlocked by these solutions
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 7+ years of experience writing plug-ins for Houdini or Katana
- Proficiency in algorithms and techniques for geometry processing, deformation, simulation, multithreading and high-performance modern C++
- Deep experience developing production solutions for VFX, feature animation or video games
- Knowledgeable in workflows and pipelines for VFX production
- Proficient in working collaboratively with version control (e.g., Git)
- Adept at working in an Agile environment and using Agile development tools (e.g., Jira)
- Self-motivated with strong communications skills and able to work both in a team and independently
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Hands on experience with Cuda or OpenCL
- Proficient with Boost
- Working experience writing plug-ins for Maya
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive rate per qualifications
- Ability to influence product and features built on cutting-edge technologies
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
We fully support telecommuting during these times.
This is a contract position. Principals only, recruiting firms please do not contact us. We are an equal opportunity employer and are hiring immediately. We look forward to hearing from you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.