Software Engineer II (Front-end Developer)
13 days ago
Software Engineer II – Front-end developer
Role: On Direct extendable contract with EA.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Software Engineer - Front-End developer - will contribute to define, build and release world-class tools, collaborate with a global team driving innovation around quality testing and automation and will be a solid “bridge-builder”, strengthening relationships with developers and stakeholders around the world by relying on your tools and skills that help make our products great.
What a Software Engineer II does at EA:
As a Software Engineer in the EA Compliance and Certification (EACC) team, your primary focus will be participating in the realization of automation solutions to help test teams in their daily work.
Most of your time will be focused on the development of those solutions at the frontend side, including integration with other tools.
You will also spend time finding technical solutions and analyzing business processes to define application workflows focused on usability.
Additionally, you will focus on continually improving the high quality of code, debugging across multiple modules and participating actively in knowledge sharing processes. Share across the team best development practices and learn from other team members and peers
Being proactive, motivated, energetic and having the ability to adapt to changing needs of the business are keys to succeed in this position
The next great EA Software Engineer II also needs:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including technical writing skills
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a front-end developer
- 3 years experience in frameworks such as React, Redux, Typescript or Angular
- Experience with REST APIs.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Experience with Unit Test or UI Test or Test tool
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, testing and deployment)
- Experience with development of data solutions in a cloud environment is a plus.
- Spirit for creating visual and dynamic interface experiences that are elegant and easy to use
- Problem-solving skills and sense of code quality
- Solutions-oriented team player with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Working experience in agile teams
- Giving and receiving feedback (e.g., code reviews)
- Eager to try out new technologies
- You are a pragmatic, proactive, dynamic, and independent team player
- Good communication with peers, technical teams, and business representatives
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
Take Your Career to the Next Level – Apply Today
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.