This job might no longer be available.
USA-CA-Los Angeles-Center Dr / 260
8 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Los Angeles, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for an engineer to join our established, high performance team in Los Angeles, CA. We apply web technologies to the core user experience on PlayStation®4 and beyond, with which millions of customers around the world interact daily. The ideal candidate will come from an object-oriented development background and be enthusiastic about front end web technologies.
We employ Agile standard methodologies, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of high-quality applications for our customers. This is an opportunity to be part of one of the world’s most recognized brands, and to collaborate with PlayStation engineering teams across North America, as well as Japan and Europe.
- Produce excellent, thorough design and development documentation
- Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints and respond to rapidly evolving requirements
- Contribute to existing and develop new common software components to benefit other SIE client applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree
- At least 3 years of software development experience
- Proficient with at least one widely adopted single page application (SPA) architecture
- Expert in React Native or React.js
- Highly proficient in HTML5 / CSS3
- Experience in performance tuning network connected applications
- Experience shipping 2-3 consumer facing, web applications
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative
- Experience in developing high-performance user interfaces
- Passionate about quality and writing clean, readable code that scales and performs well
- Familiarity with Node.js and Restful API’s
- Customer-facing UI development experience
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
- Knowledge of the browser rendering process
- Understanding of OS memory management
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.