This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer II, Design
19 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Software Engineer II owns the design and implementation of interactive web-based services. A technical background and analytical thinking is encouraged and the ideal candidate will be heavily involved in crafting, building and maintaining Java code, as well as providing component and system level designs for Sony’s PlayStation Network platform. They will work with peers, designers, technical architects on the development of large-scale systems that support current and future social experiences on our network.
· Implement and maintain highly visible consumer-facing features
· Design and develop real time, efficient and highly scalable APIs for the PlayStation customer-facing portfolio
· Produce detailed design and development documentation
· Suggest solutions and designs for sophisticated problems, achieve team consent and consensus
· Work independently, under tight time constraints, respond to evolving requirements and strategic shifts in direction
· Have a strong sense of end to end ownership
· Implement to key principles: Code and design for the best performance, scalability and resiliency
· Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
· Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Testing, multi-functional, product management, and project management on successful delivery of systems enhancements.
· Write and complete unit and integration tests
· BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field; 3+ years of coding experience in Java and experience with REST services
· Experience in building high performance, distributed and scalable web services in AWS
· Strong experience in NoSQL & Relational databases
· Expertise working with event streaming platforms
· Ability to do technical deep dives into code, deployments
· Able to handle periodic early morning and on-call duty
· Well versed in SCRUM/Agile methodologies
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Good debugging & problem solving skills
· Java 11
· AWS Platform (API Gateway, Lambda, S3, Deployments
· RESTful API’s
· React / ReactNative
· Kafka or SQS streaming service
· Kubernetes and Docker
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.