Software Engineer II - Community Insights
7 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
At Twitch, creators are at the center of our success. As a member of the Community Insights team, you'll enhance and build products that help streamers achieve their goals by delivering powerful tools for them to understand the performance of their streams and businesses.
We're looking for engineers that love to delight people with incredible user experiences. On this team, you'll work closely with designers, product managers, and other engineers to transform millions of events each minute into digestible, relevant insights that close the loop for streamers in understanding how their behavior impacts their success. We're looking for interest and experience in server-side programming (web architecture, SOA, database architecture) and passion for building clean, scalable, and well-tested systems using cutting-edge open-source and Amazon Web Services (AWS) tools. You'll report to the Director of Community Insights and can work from either Seattle or San Francisco!
- Design, deliver , and improve performant, reliable , and high-performance systems which process billions of events each day
- Embrace and champion engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
- Produce clean, high-quality code, tests, and documentation
- Actively participate in code and design reviews with peers and partners
- Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
- Partner with fellow engineering teams to deliver on complex initiatives together
- Willingness to try new things and work with a diverse group of people
- 2+ years of experience developing software in a professional environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience as a Software Engineer
- Strong foundation of data structures and algorithms. Familiarity with scalability, concurrency, API design, data modeling, and fundamentals of distributed systems or high-volume data processing
- Familiarity with AWS infrastructure
- Experience writing Go in production systems
- Experience with Apache Druid, Apache Flink
- Are a Twitch user yourself
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages),
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut and Washington is $152,100 - $185,900 yr and in New York City is $167,310 - $204,490 yr . Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience . A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.