Software Engineer II - Community Experiences
17 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
The Community Engagement team creates products and solutions that allow Creators to build healthy communities on Twitch. Reporting to the Senior Manager as a Software Engineer, you will join a team focused on building products and solutions that help Creators grow and engage their audience. You will lead large engineering efforts, work cross-functionally with your engineering peers, design and create with product teams, and deliver products to delight our customers. You should have experience building, and releasing high-quality production services and platforms.
- Design reliable web services and applications
- Produce clean, high-quality code, tests, and documentation
- Contribute to code and design reviews with peers and partners
- Work across teams and organizations to bring value to our creators and viewers
- A degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience .
- 1+ years of experience building consumer-facing web applications at scale
- Apply quantitative reasoning and UX design principles to building applications
- Experience or familiarity with the AWS ecosystem of services (EC2, ECS, Dynamo, CDK , etc )
- Experience or familiarity building with GraphQL APIs
- Experience writing Go in production-ready systems
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.