Software Engineer I
11 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC .
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
For this role, we are looking for someone to help build out our core development team – whether that be in our career mode, presentation and cameras, user interface, backend systems, or many others.
We are looking for engineers who are strong at analyzing existing code bases and executing against designs. Bug fixing in existing features and the addition of new features will be the core of your experience.
We are a creative group, so we value collaboration with creative and design. And we highly value the creative problem solving that is often a staple of our industry.
You will report to the Development Manager of the team you will be contributing to.
- Collaborates with design to provide feedback and then creates clear and estimable technical designs.
- Delivers tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements.
- Awareness of how implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- Actively looks for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Contributes to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to enable collaborative development efforts.
- Works well with high-level technical guidance and quickly adapts to changing code bases and problems.
- Demonstrates problem solving and debugging skills.
- Flexibility and ability to quickly ramp up on existing code bases.
- Passion for the craft of programming and demonstrable development experience.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Familiarity with the game development industry and console development.
- Experience using project tools (e.g. JIRA) and an SCM system (e.g. Perforce, GitHub).
- Strong understanding of C++