This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer I
7 days ago
Software Engineer I
Location - EA Hyderabad
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA FUEL is a division of EA SPORTS dedicated to creating high-quality mobile sports games connected to some of the world's biggest gaming franchises, including EA SPORTS FIFA and EA SPORTS MADDEN NFL .
The EA FUEL team is founded on passion, innovation, and creativity with a mission to provide immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices and played by over 450 million gamers around the world. With teams located in Vancouver, Orlando, and Bucharest, EA FUEL is powered by global talent and looking for passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
Monetization is a data-heavy, latency sensitive, and technically demanding part of any mobile games organization. It’s critical to the growth of our business.
Sports mobile is looking for talented engineers to join our live service engineering team. The live service engineering team will focus on architecting and designing scalable solutions to enhance monetization and engagement across the Sports mobile portfolio. This team will initially focus on driving adoption of stable adtech across a thriving group of mobile sports titles. Downstream, the remit of this team will expand to improving our sports mobile monetization platform and be instrumental in driving growth for our business.
As a senior engineer, you will be responsible for architecting scalable solutions for ad monetization that multiple team can efficiently share. As a technical leader, you must ensure product quality, and provide technical inputs to Stakeholders & Product Managers in building the product backlog.
- Collaboratively working to deliver high-quality cross-platform mobile games.
- Working with product and project leaders and your team members to understand player needs and delivering incredible value in an incremental and high impact way.
- Ensuring our designs are simple and effective with excellent workflows and features.
- Working on documentation and testing in parallel to accelerate ease of use and future maintenance of our technology.
- Native application development experience on Smartphones/Mobile Platform with expertise in more than one of the following platforms/programming languages
- IOS SDKs (iPhone and iPad) and Objective-C
- Android SDK/NDK
- Knowledge and understanding in OpenGL/OpenGL ES/DirectX/Win 32.
- Fluent in C++ with strong OOP fundamentals
- Experience with Unity or Unreal Engine 3 development a plus
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices)
- Intermediate knowledge in 3D graphics and 3D rendering algorithms
- Gameplay systems design and implementation.
- Find creative technical solutions to design challenges.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions
- PC or console development experience
- Direct experience with multi-player or equivalent client/server topologies as used in online games
- Strong analysis and debugging skills.
- 3+ years’ experience in relevant game development and/or demo-scene
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and critical thinking skills.