This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer - Gameplay
16 days ago
Our game teams are the creators and builders of the exhilarating experiences behind Codemasters titles and an exciting opportunity has opened in our Cheshire studio, the team behind Dirt 5 and who are now concepting the next project, as a Software Engineer focused on Gameplay!
This opportunity will see you working alongside talented programmers, designers and production staff to build innovative and exciting game features. In this multi-disciplinary environment, everyone is encouraged to evolve past their standard day-to-day duties and to share their ideas. We offer a super social and collaborative working environment, which is important to us, and this allows us to continue pushing the boundaries on what can be achieved.
As an experienced gameplay engineer, you can expect to work on many aspects of a game, which will include end-to-end user experience, system design, networked gameplay and user interfaces to name a few. With these wide-ranging opportunities, we're looking for someone who embraces a challenge and holds a desire to give something new a try. We pride ourselves on high-quality engineering here at Codemasters and that is best demonstrated with our own in-house cutting-edge engine tech and tools that enable our programmers low-level access that you’ll struggle to find in the majority of game studios.
By joining Codemasters, you'll be working in a highly supportive environment with genuine opportunities to grow your skillset and develop your career, whilst being afforded job security and an impressive benefits package including an annual bonus scheme, private health and dental insurance and enhanced pension scheme.
If you’ve got the C++ programming experience, have some experience of working in the industry on shipped titles and this sounds like an unmissable opportunity to you, please get in touch with us, we want to hear from you as we continue to deliver best in class racing experiences!
Duties will include:
- Designing, implementing and documenting code to the required standards, agreeing timescales with the team and testing your work and fixing bug
- Work within a cross-discipline team to develop code, delivering features and tools
- Participating in sprint reviews, sharing your work and providing feedback to help your scrum team be more efficient
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have:
- Solid career experience in C++ programming, ideally within games
- Experience in game prototyping, frontend programming and 3D geometry
- Been involved with a full life-cycle shipped project(s)
- Be enthusiastic about modern development techniques and keen to apply them to games
In return you will receive:
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Annual bonus structure
- Private health and dental plans for you and your family
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- 10 free games each year
- Incredible peer community of top flight programmers in the games industry
If this sounds like you and you are interested in joining one of the best AAA developers in the world, then we would love to hear from you. We continue to assemble a diverse and passionate team that is inclusive of gender, age, race and all walks of life, so we are interested to know how you can make us even better.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.