This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer I - Frostbite
16 days ago
Software Engineer - Frostbite Animation & Cinematics
What does the Frostbite team do?
Frostbite is EA's multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing engine features and tools. Our accomplished team from across the globe is dedicated to building creative technology and working with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
As a Software Engineer, you will be reporting to the Engineering Manager of the Product Area. You solve challenging animation problems and the results of your work will have an impact on the final quality of all EA's AAA titles. You will work closely with other Animation experts within EA's animation community. You will be part of a team that is passionate about Animation and Cinematics and help push our technologies forward while having fun. Our team within Frostbite oversees the development of the platform that all animation technologies within EA are built upon. Additionally, the technologies our team develop include a multi-character interaction system, a secondary and facial animation system, and an animation live preview system.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related academic program
- Strong foundation in animation concepts
- Passion for creating cutting-edge tools used by animators
- Experience solving real-time character animation challenges
- 2+ years of professional experience including C++ or C# tool development
- Knowledge or experience in game engine development
- Interest in latest research and development in animation technology
- Experience with real-time concurrent systems
- Passion for video games
- Working knowledge of Maya or Motionbuilder
- Machine Learning experience
Why join us?
- Tackle strategic technology problems with an impact across all of EA.
- Work on leading edge technology and create high-quality solutions.
- Work with multiple game teams across multiple genres.
- Work with industry leaders and other top-tier people.
- Good work/life balance.
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer a culture that values creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the "work hard/play hard" credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know: