This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer, Graphics - Unannounced Survival Game
14 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Software Engineer, Graphics - Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey awaits you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has built.
If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be an outstanding journey, and we want to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
We are seeking a software engineer to help build procedural world-building tools in a modern engine. If you are excited about building worlds using math and working with other world-class developers to help put their processes into algorithms, then read on!
We believe our team is good. Really good. Granted, we’re obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of developers out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. We are a team centered around inclusion, thoughtfulness, compassion, integrity, and collaboration; looking to add members who value these critical ingredients as well.
Join us and help craft our future!
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We need help with
- Collaboration with artists and designers to maintain and develop worldbuilding tools
- Contributing to the development and discussions surrounding tools and engine architecture
- Researching and suggesting new features and tools
- Participating in code reviews and discussions with other engineers on the team
What you are good at
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Math, with a strong proficiency of linear algebra and trigonometry
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Experience working in a cross-disciplinary team environment
Extra awesome points for
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience working with proprietary engine technology
- Experience working with rendering and shader programming
- Familiarity with level design and art tools
- Familiarity with procedural generation tools and algorithms
- Experience working on shipped game titles