Software Engineer, Graphics - Diablo IV
8 days ago
Job Title:Software Engineer, Graphics - Diablo IV
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on Diablo 4! Are you a skilled programmer specializing in graphics and rendering? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we share a real passion for all things Diablo. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position and may remain permanently remote full-time.
We have an amazing opportunity for a graphics programmer (graphics shaders, scene management with a heavy focus on 3D math) to join the fray on Diablo. You will be working with a team of engineers focused on the vision of improving Diablo’s graphics technology. Our team is highly collaborative, and you’ll interface with designers, game programmers, and fellow engine programmers as you help develop and refine key engine systems. The ideal candidate has a long-standing passion for playing games, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, and demonstrated graphics programming experience.
- Experience with shaders and GPU programming
- Knowledge of DirectX 11+ or OpenGL APIs
- Experience shipping at least one video game with major contribution to the graphics engine
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in programming
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra
- Thorough understanding of multi-threaded programming
- Strong C++, data-oriented design, and architecture skills
- Experience with code and data optimization
- Understanding of art content pipeline and tools
- Able to rapidly learn and understand software by reading source code and stepping thru code under a debugger
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Passion for real-time graphics and software development
- Passion for video games
- Experience shipping multiple game titles
- Visual arts aptitude
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Console programming experience
- Knowledge of Maya and its SDK
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter which should include: Why you are interested in working at Blizzard and what games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!