This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer - Graphics (C++)
4 months ago
For this role, we are looking for someone to help push our game into the next visual level. Our graphics engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine rendering code and how industrial advancements can be brought to our players.
We are looking for passionate, visual engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, collaborating with artists and art direction, and implementing features that bring substantial improvements to our game.
- Collaborates with design and art to provide feedback and then creates clear and estimable technical designs.
- Delivers creative, tested, and high-quality technical implementations that meet design and art requirements.
- Awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- Actively looks for ways to increase team efficiency, especially artists, through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Contributes to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to enable collaborative development efforts.
- Passion for the development craft and can demonstrate knowledge in one or more of the following rendering areas: lighting, shadows, mesh processing, low-level graphics API, GPGPU, animation/deformation, particles/VFX, and/or shader experience.
- General understanding of the 3D scene construction, graphics pipeline, and graphics debugging.
- Strong 3D math skills, especially linear algebra.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers.
- Demonstrates problem solving and debugging skills.
- General understanding of parallel programming, resource management, and GPU considerations.
- Advanced understanding of C++.
- Understanding of scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and/or C#.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- Experience with a few of the following art-related tools: Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, and/or ZBrush.
- Experience in embedded systems , especially console development.