Software Engineer - Gameplay
7 days ago
At Codemasters we are at the sharp edge when it comes to the smooth and speedy delivery of our games to our millions of players world-wide. The Formula One team’s software engineering experts enjoy the ongoing challenge of developing technical solutions to feature designs.
We are currently looking for a senior Gameplay engineer to help bring the vision of the game’s ongoing evolution to life. By joining Codemasters, you'll be working with and supported by a highly experienced team, who continue to raise the bar on this annual franchise. This role will give you the chance to bring new ideas and encompass gameplay features that will develop and grow within this franchise for years to come.
- Developing technical solutions for gameplay features for the Formula One game
- Implementing code in a large existing codebase, within a cross discipline team
- Working with the design team and production to evaluate the technical feasibility of features and help manage scope
- Feature development estimation and reporting to the team
- Providing technical design documentation to aid cross-team understanding and ease ongoing maintenance
- Identifying technical debt and contributing to paying it off over the course of development
- Collaborating with the multi-year franchise development teams, to ensure that code is compatible with longer term feature plans
- Develop usable prototypes of features for quick evaluation of design concepts
Key Skills and Experience:
- Ideally, at least 3 shipped, full-lifecycle game titles
- Finite state machines
- Component based architectures
- Experience working with highly parallel multithreaded systems
- 3D Maths and geometry
- Use of debugging and profiling tools
- Wide knowledge of general gameplay related programming
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Cross platform and console development experience
- Scrum and agile processes
- Game user interface development
- Game related animation and audio systems
- Familiarity with IMGUI
- An ideal candidate will be highly experienced in the industry, driven and self-motivated with top-notch attention to detail
- Strong communication and problem solving skills proven in a games development environment
- Good teamwork skills within a multi-disciplined development team
- A demonstrable passion for and commitment to a career in games
In return we'll provide:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Significant benefits package including annual bonus scheme, private health care and dental cover for you and your family, enhanced pension scheme, employee discounted share scheme and much more!
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- 10 free games per year and a new console allowance!
- Incredible peer community of top-flight programmers in the games industry