Software Engineer, Gameplay
Agoura Hills, Los Angeles
18 days ago
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Can you visualize the game that should be, long before it is? Do you have a passion for gameplay, animation, AI, feedback, and the myriad artistic and technical elements that make a game feel great? Love gameplay logic, animation systems, AI and player customization? Are you an expert collaborator and great communicator who thrives on delivering results? If so, wow, do we want to talk to you!
Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for an experienced Gameplay Software Engineer who has a high bar for code quality and a passion for fun, feel, and clean and efficient design. In this role, you will work closely with animation, design, and AI to build and polish amazing gameplay, to help make the next iteration of WWE 2K the best ever!
What You'll Do:
- Join a team of passionate engineers, designers and animators creating in-ring wrestling for WWE2K
- Deliver systems for improved scripting, character differentiation, and seamless gameplay animation
- Represent the player at all times, delivering satisfying, polished, and extensible game features
- Work with designers to prototype and implement combat gameplay that incorporates multiple competitors in a highly reactive environment
- Work in an Agile process to provide accurate schedules and estimates for completing tasks on time
- Produce code that is clean, efficient, well-documented, and conforms to our coding standards
- 2+ years of experience in game development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Fluent in C/C++
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to write clean, well-documented, and efficient code
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively as part of a team
- Experienced gameplay engineer with shipped console or PC titles
- Understanding of animation technology and character controls
- Proficient in 3D mathematics
- Passion for video games