This job might no longer be available.
Mobile Gameplay Software Engineer - NBA Live
Orlando Florida United States
6 months ago
The NBA Live Mobile team is looking for a Gameplay SE, with skills that includes animation, physics, and AI feature development. You enjoy collaboration and able to display excellence in the C++ coding language.
You will work with proprietary animation, AI, and physics technology to help improve animation and gameplay features. You will need to develop elegant solutions to complicated animation, AI and physics challenges. The engineer will work with other gameplay engineers, artists, animators, and designers and coordinate with engineers outside of the gameplay team on other areas of the game like audio or front-end.
- Create systems and features in the areas of animation, AI, physics, and other gameplay-related disciplines.
- Use industry experience to create unique and captivating gameplay experiences.
- Write and maintain technical designs based on the requirements of designers and leads.
- Work with designers, animators, artists and other engineers on the implementation of new AAA-quality gameplay features.
- Debugs and improve gameplay infrastructure, tools, and processes.
- Maintain high code quality standards throughout the development cycle.
- Contribute to industry-leading innovation in both the animation and AI domains.
What skills does EA look for?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience. A Master’s degree in Computer Science. Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with C++
- 3+ years of experience in at least one area of gameplay to include Animation, AI, or Physics.
- Experience in an Agile / Scrum development environment.
- Have a strong background in Runtime Optimization and Memory Management
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#.