This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer - Gameplay (C++)
10 months ago
Gameplay Software Engineer
EA Sports is looking for a Gameplay SE, with a skillset that includes animation, physics, and/or AI feature development. The candidate must be highly motivated, collaborative and, ideally, have a deep passion for sports.
The role will involve working with proprietary animation, AI, and physics technology to help drive animation and gameplay features. The successful candidate will need excellent teamwork skills, as well as the ability to develop elegant solutions to complicated animation, AI and physics challenges. The engineer will be regularly interacting with other game play engineers, artists, animators, and designers as well as coordinating with engineers outside of the gameplay team on other areas of the game like audio or front end.
- Creates systems and features in the areas of animation, AI, physics, and other gameplay related disciplines.
- Leverages industry experience to create unique and captivating gameplay experiences.
- Writes, maintains and reviews technical designs based on the requirements of designers and leads.
- Works with designers, animators, artists and other engineers on the implementation of new AAA-quality gameplay features.
- Debugs and improve gameplay infrastructure, tools, and processes.
- Maintains high code quality standards throughout the development cycle.
- Contributes to industry-leading innovation in both the animation and AI domains.
What skills does EA look for?
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience. A Masters degree in Computer Science. Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Strong Proficiency with C++
- Experience in at least one area of gameplay to include Animation, AI, or Physics.
- Experience in an Agile / Scrum development environment.
- Prior experience with ANT is a plus
- Must have a strong background in Runtime Optimization and Memory Management
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Prior experience shipping a console (i.e. PS4, Xbox One)
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#.
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.