Software Engineer - Frostbite
13 days ago
SOFTWARE ENGINEER C++, C# - MIGRATION TEAM
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world- class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
What does a Software Engineer do on the Frostbite Migration team?
As more and more games transition or get developed on Frostbite, it is critical that systems and components work seamlessly and are able to leverage the powerful potential of the Frostbite Engine. This is a challenging role that requires a seasoned software engineer proficient in one or multiple domains spanning rendering, systems, animation, work pipelines, online, etc. You will have the awesome opportunity to work on the front lines with both game teams and our core engine teams, offering further growth and professional development experience.
- Migrate or refactor complex features and systems to Frostbite and ensure they are feature-complete, performant and testable
- Collaborate closely with game team engineers and project managers to hit key milestones and deliverables
- Provide subject matter expertise, guidance and improvements on how to fully leverage Frostbite features and advantages
- Implement and instill best practices in harvesting innovations and common features back to the engine
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong Object Oriented Programming knowledge e.g. C++, C# with a minimum of 5 years professional programming experience
- Working experience in at least one of the following domains – Rendering, Core Systems, Animation / Cinematic, Audio, Integrations, AI, Gameplay
- Experience on current gaming platforms – PS5, PS4, XBSX, Xbox One, PC
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using debugging tools
- Strong ability to work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Desire to learn new technologies frequently and love changes
- Capability to prioritize with the ability to drive multiple efforts through competing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree or related experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience within and AAA game environment with consoles development
- Understanding of memory management, multi-processor use and runtime optimization
- Experience with WPF and Python