Software Engineer - Frostbite Schematics
8 days ago
Software Engineer, Frostbite Schematics - C++/C#
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
What does the Frostbite team do?
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our accomplished team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with teams across EA to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry with deep player experiences.
Why join the Frostbite Team?
As a Software Engineer on Frostbite, you will develop cutting edge tools and runtime technologies for game developers across EA worldwide. The Schematics team within Frostbite are responsible for the data-driven visual scripting engine that allows game creators the flexibility to craft any kind of gameplay experience. You will tackle game engine challenges across a broad range of genres and the results of your work will have a real impact on the final quality of games enjoyed by millions of players. You will be part of a team that is passionate about pushing our technologies forward while having fun.
- Create and improve workflows and data builds for complex gameplay systems
- Design and implement systems used by thousands of game developers across EA
- Collaborate closely with game teams to enable creative workflows and maximize in-game performance
- Refine usability, stability, and tool performance to power our users to create stunning games
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related academic program
- 3+ years working experience in C++ and/or C#
- Passion for solving hard problems with great people
- Ability to dive into large, complex software and be productive
- Experience collaborating with large multi-domain teams
- Experience in game engine development
- Experience with visual scripting languages
- Experience developing gameplay systems
- Passion for video games