Software Engineer - Frostbite Engine & Tools
7 days ago
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Frostbite team!
Frostbite is a game engine and collaboration platform for diverse game franchises, such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed, and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create some of the best player experiences in the industry!
You will be part of a talented multi-disciplinary team developing the tools and game engine behind the amazing worlds you see in Frostbite games. This includes the workflows and systems for building levels and objects in Frostbite. In the team, we collaborate closely on a day-to-day basis to make sure game teams around the world have great workflows and a performant and flexible engine for their games.
- Innovate and improve workflows, data builds and game systems for handling huge game worlds
- Design and implement systems and APIs used by thousands of game developers across EA
- Collaborate closely with game teams to ensure world-class workflows and in-game performance
- Pairing with team members to create new features and innovations for our users
- Iterate on usability, tool performance, and stability to power our users to create stunning games
- Contribute to technical design and reviews
Lead the team
- Day to day technical and architectural decisions
- Responsible for managing technical aspects of software development
- How do we reach our goals technically?
- Plan, design, lead and execute technical solutions
- Accountability for design documentation
- Meet with TD to ensure we are meeting expectations
- Code Quality Assurance
- Accountable that the team delivers code that fulfills our DoDs
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- Following up on the delegated tasks
- Liaising with team members, management, and stakeholders to ensure projects are completed to standard.
- Motivating the team and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes
- Team efficiency ensuring the team is working in an efficient way.
- Accountability that Stories and Epics have been created and are defined and have an estimated capacity required. Working with Product Owner/Engineering Manager
- Working with the Product Owner/Technical Director to figure out how we technically achieve what we are looking for
- Meet with stakeholders with PO when technical expertise is needed and drive collaborations with game/frostbite teams
- Meeting with the TD to make sure we are meeting expectations with our designs.
- Raise questions to TD that you are unable to answer and bring answers back to the team
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible
- Raise the flag to PO and EM when work estimations are outside of normal margins
- Strong C++ and software architecture skills
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Humble, eager to learn more and thrives in a learning culture
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience from game engine development and large-scale game development
- Experience with challenges such as scene and entity systems, handling huge worlds, streaming, and subdivision or multi-user workflows
- Experience with data-oriented design and unit testing
- Experience with agile development practices
- Experience with C#
- Experience in mentoring other engineers and sharing knowledge