Software Engineer, Frontend (Europe)
6 days ago
Osmo is an award-winning accelerated learning system that changes the way homes and classrooms interact with technology. Osmo combines physical interactions with digital experiences to make learning more engaging, fun, and effective. Osmo is growing and expanding rapidly as the education market continues to be redefined and is seeking individuals who are passionate about education and building great learning and teaching experiences with new technologies.
Osmo is part of Byju’s since 2019, the largest and fastest-growing education technology startup globally. Byju’s and Osmo are working together to bring the love of learning to homes and schools everywhere.
We are looking for a Senior React Native Frontend Engineer to build and maintain mobile applications. You will be working with the latest technology, and have the chance to advance and grow your career.You
will be collaborating with our Osmo web/mobile team based in France, India, and the US to develop a lot of impactful and challenging features.
We are looking for smart people with excellent coding skills and a can-do attitude. Candidates should be eager to learn, flexible to pivot when needed, savvy enough to thrive in a dynamic environment, and should possess a growth mindset.
What you'll be doing:
- Being a maker in one of our mobile app teams
- Implementing high-quality user-friendly features
- Optimize application for maximum speed and compatibility
- Pay close attention to details and be able to follow mockups exactly – pixel perfect
- Coordinate with backend engineers to establish JSON-based APIs
- Making recommendations to address UI/UX issues
- Provide assistance to QA to ensure the product is properly tested and QA’d
Who are you?
- You have a strong experience with React Native, TypeScript, ES6, CSS3
- You have some experience with the native environments (XCode, Android Studio, Cocoapods, Gradle...)
- You have experience with at least one state management library (Redux, React-Query, Recoil...)
- You have a deep understanding of data structures, data flow, Ajax, and CRUD
- You have experience with version control tools (Git), NPM...
- You have a good eye for detail and a passion for beautiful products that provide high-quality user experiences
- You are able to speak and write English well
What do we expect from you?
- You will own, estimate, and complete complex projects
- You will own the technical aspects of large features or parts of the codebase
- You will complete your work timely and with high quality
- Help to find alternative solutions, conduct root cause analysis
- You will mentor other engineers and help them grow
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Interview with the team lead
- Technical test
- Technical interview
- Team-fit interview