Software Engineer - Engine Test Automation
17 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Engine Test Automation team, you will help ensure our engine empowers Roblox clients and dedicated servers with best-in-class performance. Roblox has millions of daily active users across a wide range of devices. You will work on internal systems and frameworks to benchmark client and engine performance. If you are excited by promoting cross-cutting performance improvements you'll be right at home. You'll report to the Engineering Manager of Engine Test Automation.
- Craft tools that set the benchmark for Roblox client and server performance.
- Work with engine and applications teams to deliver wide-ranging improvements.
- Help us scale our services. We are working on multiple projects and targeting 10x improvements.
- Equip feature developers with the confidence that their improvements are both performant and stable.
- Work with other members of the team at headquarters in San Mateo, California.
- 3+ years of experience building automation tooling for large development teams.
- 3+ years of experience with large-scale continuous integration systems.
- 3+ years of experience developing distributed applications.
- Experience with different frameworks and languages, including C++, Python, Kotlin. Experience with Java, Objective C, and C# .
- Experience with web APIs.
- Experience with mobile applications development on Android and iOS.
- Passionate: Engine performance isn't just a metric; it's a mission.
- Autonomous: You're able to guide projects spanning multiple codebases and teams.
- Responsible: You want to create systems that work reliably.
- Curious: You are keen to grow. You enjoy working with new code bases and investigating performance issues.
- Experienced: Your expertise shines in automation tooling development and mastering continuous integration systems.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$218,540 — $283,780 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.