Software Engineer - EA Sports FC™
5 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games. After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world's biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FC, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere.
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
FIFA Ultimate Teams C++ Engineers work on the Client side of the FIFA Ultimate Team game mode, using C++ technology.
As part of the FIFA Ultimate Team you will work on the features that build the most played game mode of the FIFA game, using the existing architecture or by bringing improvements to the UI Framework and Frostbite add-ons that we are using to build the features. FIFA Ultimate team is an exclusive Online game mode so you will be working side-by-side with the Server team members, to be able to implement features like stadium customization, season objectives, FUT club or transfer market.
What you will do as a FIFA Ultimate Team Engineer:
- Design and implement features for FIFA Ultimate team game mode
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other Ultimate Team related sub-components and packages.
- Work with Server Engineers, Production and Interface Designers to gather requirements and write technical design specifications
- You will report to one of the FIFA ultimate team's managers and work with your peers to develop FIFA Ultimate team features
We're looking for:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Object-oriented programming experience of OO design principles
- 4+ years experience in C++ software development
- Experience in UI technologies (Qt, Unity or Unreal UI frameworks or web front-end development) is very nice to have
- Experience in ActionScript is nice to have
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Lua), C# and SQL is nice to have
- Ability to work with existing and unfamiliar code