Software Engineer, Distributed Systems
Bellevue, WA, United States
12 days ago
Today, we’ve built the industry’s leading gaming and simulation engine with our runtime runs on billions of devices. We are moving forward on creating a whole new line of products and services centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud that we anticipate will have a massive impact in how high-volume training data for Machine Learning is generated across the industry.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join us in this endeavor. If you’re an exceptional software engineer with experience in distributed systems, a passion for collaboration, and an interest in building a product from the ground-up, then we want to talk with you!
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Design software systems that interface with humans, machines and other software
- Industry experience building and maintaining large scale distributed systems
- Experience working with containerization technologies, such as Kubernetes and Docker
- BS in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Solid skills in a high-level language like Python or Go
- Project experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience working with public cloud providers like AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Deep knowledge of the cloud-native ecosystem
- Working knowledge of Unity
- Experience working with GCP
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.