Software Engineer - Developer Experience Lifecycle
15 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Position
We’re looking for an engineer to bolster our ranks in the irvine Office, who loves empowering the world of Twitch Development. You’ll be right at the frontline, creating tools and improving the experience of our third party developers, working with Extensions, Apps, and all other Twitch Developer offerings. You’ll work closely with our product managers, designers and data scientists - as well as engineers of all kinds - to make Twitch the best platform for our partners. We work closely together with our customers, iterate based on their feedback as well ship early and often. You’ll grow by taking on significant engineering challenges, involving high-scale, wide reach, and high availability problems to tackle. Your work will be consumed by thousands of developers across the world, building experiences and new ways to interact with the Twitch ecosystem.
- Work hand in hand with the Developer Experience teams to build high quality experiences for Twitch Third Party Developers
- Specify, implement, and maintain the services that will power these features
- Contribute to architectural, design and process discussions involving the technological choices involved in building our features and services.
- Own the quality of the features you ship
- Identify and uphold engineering best practices
- Participate in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
- Share your opinion about the user experience and help improve it
- 4+ years of building web application and services
- Mature understanding of every aspect of SDLC: requirements, design, coding, unit and integration testing, deployment, support, deprecation
- Experience shipping consumer-facing web applications
- You thrive in loosely structured environments
- Strong CS fundamentals and value rigor in engineering
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming
- Architectural experience creating highly-scalable web services
- Experience with Typescript, React
- Production experience with .NET Core and/or Go
- Familiarity of Twitch / CurseForge or moddable video games
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.