Software Engineer, Data Engineering
Palo Alto, CA
9 months ago
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
MZ is looking for Software Engineer to join our core data engineering team. Working with world class engineers and product managers, you will be building data pipelines using state of the art technologies by using Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, and Druid, processing TBs of data on daily basis. Data processed by these pipelines originates from ~400 diversified sources each bringing their own complexity and challenges.
What you'll be doing:
- Writing code to enhance current pipelines and contribute to add new capabilities
- Taking ownership in what you do; this involves augmenting your code with functionals and data quality checks automations
- Fine tuning JVM to accommodate running these pipelines cost effectively at scale spanning several hundred nodes
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving data quality issues. Being proactive in identifying issues will be a key metrics for your success. We believe in ruthless data quality checks automations over hours of debugging when an actual issue is reported
- Working closely with data science team in empowering them to make best use of data available for their workflows
Your background and who you are:
- 5+ years of experience as software engineer including scalable systems
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Hands on experience in Core Java development
- Demonstrated knowledge of fine-tuning JVMs
- Experience with big data technologies, e.g. Spark, Kafka, Druid, Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Samza, Goblin etc.
- Working experience of real time OLAP system like druid
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.