Software Engineer - DRE
12 days ago
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards
You will report to the Development Manager and work with your peers to provide excellent services to our partner teams at EA Vancouver.
- Work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements
- Develop and maintain automation pipelines in our CI system (Jenkins)
- Work with our internal customers on designing, prototyping and implementing new automated workflows
- Monitor automation systems and proactively respond to breakages
- Monitor metrics to optimize automation systems
- Manage virtual infrastructure, including deploying and monitoring VMs
- Maintain the product backlog including tasks and their priorities
- 1+ year of experience or education in software development, or related discipline
- Excellent understanding of debugging best practices
- Experience with designing, creating, and maintaining automation jobs in CI systems (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab CI)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Groovy, Python, Powershell, Batch)
- Experience with source-control administration (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Results oriented and analytical, with a customer and business focus.
- Creative, curious, and motivated to grow your technical abilities.
- Strong teamwork skills, but also the ability to take ownership and work independently
- Communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences.
- Excellent documentation skills
Nice to Have:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with OO languages (e.g. Java, C++, C#)
- Experience deploying and maintaining virtual infrastructure (e.g. Virtual Machines)
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. ZABBIX)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience with secrets management tools (e.g. Hashicorp Vault)
- Experience with metrics gathering and visualization tools (e.g. Splunk, Elastic Search, Kibana)
- Experience with container orchestration and management tools (e.g Docker, Kubernetes)