Software Engineer (Cubic Motion)
13 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
Cubic Motion creates and deploys advanced computer vision to transform the production and consumption of digital media. We're a company of internationally- acclaimed computer vision researchers, engineers and a vastly experienced production team. Our innovations include world-leading technologies for precise tracking in marker less video, stereo, and depth data. These methods, already well-known for powering the industry's leading facial animation services, now bring real-time capabilities to creatives and consumers alike.
In this role, you will
- Work closely with a range of engineers, animators and designers to develop animation and machine vision related tools
- Optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to process large quantities of data in realtime
- Improve and maintain standalone applications, integrations into Unreal Engine and integrations with custom electronics
- Support external customers and internal stakeholders by answering their requests and questions
- Turn research prototypes and libraries into robust, well-engineered code which can be integrated into tools and products
What we’re looking for
- Excellent C++ skills
- Experience in a broad range of engineering areas such as application development, real-time visualization and computer vision
- Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance and power
Nice to have skills
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine and it’s concepts
- Experience delivering tools into VFX workflows and production pipelines
- Python scripting
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). We offer private medical insurance, one fund cash plan, pension, disability and life insurance, transportation and meals.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.