Sr. Software Engineer, Core AV Desktop
14 days ago
Join our journey to create the best cross-platform application for messaging and real-time interactions! The Audio & Video engineering team at Discord owns the technology and end to experience of our audio/video features across desktop and mobile. The team’s mission is to give our users the utmost confidence that our voice, video, and client experience is outstanding.
We are looking for passionate, energetic and self-motived individuals who are user impacts driven and obsessed with quality and performance to join the Core AV team focusing on Desktop.
- Contribute to a team of engineers whose main responsibilities are:
- Develop core libraries and infrastructure supporting high-quality, low latency communications between hundreds of millions of users
- Develop all aspects of Discord desktop clients (Windows, MacOS, Linux) from installation and updating to deep game integration and overlay technologies.
- Develop new audio and video features across desktop and browser, mobile, and game console platforms.
- Continuously improve video quality end to end.
- Fix performance issues and bugs by root causing real-world end-user audio/video issues.
- 3-5 years experience working on large, cross-platform software projects.
- Comfortable with writing high performance code in C++ or Rust.
- Knowledge with Windows, MacOS, or game console development.
- You enjoy coming up with pragmatic solutions to concrete problems using first principles thinking.
- You have a strong learning ability and obsessed with bringing user impacts.
- You have strong communication skills and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Working experience with WebRTC, SDP, SRTP, DTLS.
- Experience working with common audio/video codecs such as Opus, VP8, H.264, etc.
- Working experience with media pipeline on Windows, MacOS or Linux platforms.
- Experience with Chromium or Mozilla internals.
- We take care of our team with comprehensive Medical (HMO or PPO), Dental, and Vision plans at no cost for employees
- Paid leave for new parents and 14-days PTO
- Fully subsidized commuter and parking benefit
- Gym allowance
- Awesome daily catered lunches and snacks
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in..
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.