Software Engineer - Contractor
12 days ago
Procedural Software Engineer - Frostbite - Contractor one-year contract
Electronic Arts is an innovative tech company that creates incredible experiences for millions of gamers around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine, powering games such as Battlefield, FIFA, Madden, Plants vs. Zombies, Need for Speed, Anthem, and Star Wars Battlefront.
The Frostbite Engine group in EA is looking for a Procedural Software Engineer
What you will do as a Frostbite Procedural Software Engineer:
The mission of the Procedural team is to develop state-of-the-art procedural technologies into Frostbite to help game teams around the world build bigger and better games.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will work on procedural tools and workflows ranging from mesh processing to world editor and DCC integration.
You will build high-quality code, review code and designs written by other software engineers, and work with game teams to help them improve existing and develop new technologies.
We're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
- High level of proficiency with C++, and good understanding of C#
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience designing maintainable, structured and documented code
- Experience with object-oriented design patterns and test-driven development
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles
- Excellent debugging skills
- Knowledge of asset data pipelines, procedural asset generation
- Experience with Agile methodologies for software development.
- Experience with Python for scripting or tool development
- Experience with Houdini, Maya SDKs or other DCC tools
- Experience with geometry/mesh formats and processing
- Understanding of memory management, multi-core use, profiling and optimization
What's in it for you?
- Work in a friendly environment with a flexible schedule and a great culture
- Learn a massive number of skills and professional software development practices
- Participate in worldwide gaming-related events and conferences
- Have your name on the credits of the triple-A games based on Frostbite
- Of course, free video games
Are you ready to join the game?
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.