Software Engineer (Contract)
14 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC .
We are EA!
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging, and that’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Software Engineer - Automation role collaborates with QA and Game Development to create automated tests, support the back-end automation technologies involved in our Madden and other EA projects, and debug issues discovered through our automation efforts. In partnership with software engineers and program managers, you will build and extend our automated testing coverage to help us maintain quality for the titles we release.
- Build automated tests
- Leverage existing automation and frameworks
- Technical design documentation participation
- Clarify how features should function to eliminate ambiguous requirements
- Work with development team(s) to build confidence in quality through automation
- Liaise and collaborate with development and QA teams
- Provide live support; feedback, issue investigation and evaluation
- Identify, document and highlight risks, providing mitigation or contingency solutions
- Help improve the quality verification process
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of experience with multiple testing methodologies
- Solid hands-on programming capability in C#; C++ beneficial
- A passion for collaboration
- Strong communication
- Debugging skills
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Git, and Perforce