Software Engineer - Content Framework - C++ (Frostbite)
1 month ago
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team develops creative engine features and cutting-edge tools that let our game makers create stunning games. We're honored to have thousands of game developers worldwide using Frostbite as they create some of the industry's best-known titles and amazing player experiences. Join us as we help shape the future of gaming with Frostbite.
You will be a part of our team building main systems for data management and game asset processing that make our tools responsive and stable for thousands of users editing millions of assets. Some examples of what we work with are:
- The system that provides on-disk data to our editor
- The pipeline for creating game-ready data from raw or source data
- A caching system for built data to increase efficiency
- A service for On-demand loading of large game data
This team belongs to the Production Systems domain that creates tools, frameworks and services that EA's content creators rely on to create and enhance EA's games. You'll find opportunities to improve content creator workflows, allowing faster iteration times and creativity for our engineers content creators. You will report to our Senior Engineering Manager.
- Communicate with game and other Frostbite teams around the world to understand their specific needs
- Support game teams using our technologies
- Work collaboratively on design, test, and maintenance of services delivered by the team
- Contribute to discussions around the longer term vision and high-level plans for the future of the product area
- Gain domain expertise and share knowledge within the team.
- 3+ years of experience with C++ programming, data-guided design, and software architecture
- Experienced in building high-performing concurrent software
- Experience with agile development practices
- Experience of data processing and data management
- Experience implementing databases or file systems
- Some experience with web services running locally and in Azure
- Some experience with content pipelines
We look forward to receiving your application!
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $130,500 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.