Software Engineer Co-Op
7 days ago
Studio Technology Group - Associate Software Engineer Co-op
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The Studio Technology Group provides a wide variety of tools and technology across EA that assist in the game development process and even contribute to the feature set in some cases. As an associate Software Engineer you will partner with seasoned software engineers and assist in the delivery of these technologies, by enhancing the existing feature set and developing new features. One such technology involves consistently measuring and reporting on the input latency of our games on various platforms in an automated fashion.
What you will do as an Associate Software Engineer:
- Spend the majority of your time (80%) doing hands-on coding (C++/C#).
- Collaborate with engineers to create clear and estimable technical designs.
- Deliver tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements and advance our games technologies, architecture, and workflows.
- Work with 3rd party software APIs and SDKs.
- Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
We are looking for students pursuing a degree in Computer Science (or related field) with knowledge of:
- Working with C++ and Object-Oriented Programming.
- Understanding of scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and/or C#.
- Visual Studio and related debugging tools.
In addition, any experience with the following will be beneficial:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience building device drivers for embedded systems.
- Experience working with online services/servers (HTTP via REST).
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- Experience with source control systems such as Git, Perforce, SVN.