Software Engineer Co-Op
8 days ago
Development Technology & Services (DTS)
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed. We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
- Work with Quality Verification analysts to identify areas of improvement through new tools and automation strategies.
- Build, test, and deploy automated solutions to support game project deliverables.
- Support an increased adoption of automation within game teams. Aid in the identification and requirements gathering for new automation.
- Identify and recommend debug and telemetry enhancements to aid testing.
- Provide debug support and technical expertise to QV teams and game software engineers.
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions and increasing knowledge of existing tools, automation and testing processes.
- Risk analysis of new features – impact and scope.
- Help prioritize bug fixing efforts and areas of test focus.
- White box testing.
- Contribute to the test and technology strategies of the QA group.
- Escalate risks and recommend upstream tools, automation and processes.
- Analyze metrics, trends and test processes to provide meaningful statistics with sound reasoning.
- Provide performance results analysis on current processes and infrastructures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with a focus on concepts, language varieties. Experience with C# or Java. C++ experience is also an asset.
- Experience with software development life cycle, practices and software engineering methodologies and their application to both development and QA.
- Experience with software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes.
- An understanding of Machine Learning concepts is nice to have
- Scripting experience with Python, Perl, PHP, or Lua an asset.
- Preferred knowledge in gaming consoles or embedded systems.
- Creativity and logical thinking