Software Engineer Co-Op - Sports Mobile
9 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA FUEL is a division of EA SPORTS dedicated to creating high-quality mobile sports games connected to some of the world's biggest gaming franchises, including EA SPORTS FIFA and EA SPORTS MADDEN NFL .
The EA FUEL team is founded on passion, innovation, and creativity with a mission to provide immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices and played by over 450 million gamers around the world. With teams located in Vancouver, Orlando, and Bucharest, EA FUEL is powered by global talent and looking for passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
- Participate in the technical design and implementation of user facing features and maintain a high quality standard throughout the software development cycle.
- Participate in the planning process providing input into design, estimates and scheduling.
- Investigate and resolve issues during QA testing, pre production, production and from the live environment.
- Interact with the other studio game teams on software integrations, and the Build and Operations team on releases and deployment of feature updates.
- Collaborate with 3rd party companies on software solutions.
- Work with Server and Client engineers to define, hook up and test end-to-end functionality.
- Collaborate and contribute within a team of designers, artists and engineers both locally and remotely.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
- Pursuing a B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Hands on coding (C++)
- Ability to understand and work with 3rd party software APIs
- Profiling and optimizing software components of a game
- Ability to improve process and best practices to achieve targets
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, and efficient code
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and communicate status
- Ability to tackle problems regardless of domain
- Providing high level estimates for technical projects