Software Engineer, Client
24 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Software Engineer, Client
Who’s up for an adventure?
Our small yet ambitious team is looking for a client engineer to join our crew. Do you like exploring new ideas? Leveling up your skills? Being a great teammate? Then read on!
Here at Blizzard, we pride ourselves on having the passion, drive and creativity to forge amazing worlds and experiences for our players to dive into! To accomplish these epic goals, we need smart, collaborative people with exceptional talents. We are looking for a talented and experienced engineer to join our team working on a brand-new project. If you have a passion for game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we want to hear from you!
Your role on this unannounced project will give you the chance to build a new game from almost the ground up. Come help lay the groundwork for a growing team and enjoy ample opportunities for career growth.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to achieve the vision of the game and ensure a great player experience.
- Program a variety of game systems using Unity, for every aspect of development, including gameplay, UI, AI, scripting, animation playback, sound, and more.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First.”
- Have fun making something awesome with a great team!
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development.
- Experience with Unity game development.
- Strong established skill with C#.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with mobile development (iOS/Android).
- Experience implementing game feature logic in a client/server environment.
- High comfort level developing a fledgling codebase.
- Able to communicate & collaborate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
- Extensive experience with other languages like C++ or lua.
- Experience with git source control.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization for mobile platforms.
- Good instincts for game design from a player’s perspective.
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay values.
- A love of RPG games (tabletop or computer).