This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer (CI/CD)
Cần Thơ, Vietnam
3 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer (CI/CD)
Location: Waterloo, ON
Do you have a passion for the latest cloud technologies and thrive in fun yet challenging environments? Do you like making tools that enable others to do their job better? The DevOps team within our Client Engineering department plays a critical role in enabling our development teams to build great experiences for our customers. To support our next generation console development efforts, we are looking to expand the team by adding more Software Engineers who enjoy building tools, implementing automation, infrastructure orchestration, configuration management and continuous integration.
- Manage infrastructure, including implementing automation to create and update them, both in the cloud and on-premise
- Create, manage and update CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Docker, GitHub, Artifactory, Jenkins, etc.
- Build shared libraries used in our build and deploy pipelines
- Build tools that streamline development and deployment
- Mentor development teams on best practices around CI/CD
- Facilitate the needs of dependent teams (engineering, QA, and operations)
- Support production and non-production application environments
- Work with diverse technology stacks
- Improve the auto-scaling capabilities of our environments
- Maximize the utilization of cloud resources to balance performance and cost
- Collaborate with teams across nine PlayStation offices
- You have 2+ years of experience in Software development and are familiar with object-oriented principles, common data structures and algorithms
- You have strong analytical and debugging skills
- You are experienced with CI/CD workflows
- You are well-versed with version control systems, e.g. Git, GitHub, SVN
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have proven ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- You are able and willing to travel internationally
- You have experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- You are well versed in generic system administration tasks
- You have managed declarative infrastructure with tools like Ansible, Terraform, Packer, etc.
- You have used security tools like Vault
Sony is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.