Software Engineer - C++ [desktop]
27 days ago
We are looking for a talented engineer that will strengthen our Online Services team at CD Projekt RED. As a Software Engineer specializing in desktop applications written in C++, you will be working on a RED Launcher, preloader for games developed at our company. You will be involved in identifying bugs, introducing new features, suggesting improvements and refactors of an application that is already being used by quite a lot of gamers around the world.
- Design and develop features of a desktop application, combining client-facing functionalities and networking.
- Implement performance measurements, testing strategies, and optimizations.
- Understand the high level product requirements and actively propose technical solutions.
- Have a word in decision about application architecture and technical stack used to deliver best user experience on each platform.
- Work with other engineers in SCRUM framework.
- Stay abreast of emerging new technologies, research new tools and implement best practices.
- Cooperate with product owners, designers, QA and engineers from other departments as well as teams responsible for backend services.
Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Very good communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of C++ and relevant experience.
- At least basic knowledge of Python.
- Experience with the client-server architecture.
- Experience in developing desktop applications, preferably on various platforms (Windows, MacOS, Linux).
- Knowledge of software development best practices (version control, testing, deployment, code reviews, clean code etc.).
- Knowledge of system architecture and design.
- Knowledge of network protocols and communication (TCP, UDP, HTTP).
- Sound command of English.
Nice to have
- Experience with Qt library.
- Knowledge of CMake and bash scripting.
Perks & Professional Growth:
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag.
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.