Software Engineer C# (Frostbite - Editor Framework)
8 days ago
Temporary Full Time - estimated 12 months duration
Software Engineer – Frostbite – Editor Framework
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
Why Join Editor Framework?
As a member of the Editor Framework team you will work on core parts of FrostEd, our desktop tool that empowers content creators to build amazing game experiences. You will build robust libraries and services that can be used across various domains including audio, rendering, and UI. You will be at the core of building an easy to use and scalable tool to power a massive community of accomplished game creators.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working collaboratively across teams and building high quality tools.
- Develop components that are part of a larger framework that our clients use to develop editors in our desktop application
- Work closely with engineers on the team to learn patterns and designs that are used
Help with porting old components to a new system (ex: porting property editors in a property grid tool.)
Required Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in C#
- Proficiency with computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design, SOLID principles.
- Experience developing, testing, and debugging code
- Enthusiasm for solving problems
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience developing Windows desktop applications
- Familiarity with C# reflection, attributes, type and property descriptors
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (computer science, computer engineering or mathematics)
- Scrum agile processes
- Familiarity with SOLID design principles.
- Familiarity with UX concepts
- Technical documentation