Software Engineer | C++ | Events
18 days ago
We are looking for a Senior C++ Developer who thrives exploring new ideas at the forefront of mobile game innovation, helping to build ground- breaking bite- sized entertainment for millions of players. You’ll be part of the Candy Crush Saga Game development team, in an area dedicated to building fun and engaging events aimed at keeping our players engaged and coming back for more.
Your role within the Kingdom
If you want to create technology that enables you to deliver entertainment for millions of players, then this is the job for you. You will have a part in solving complex technological challenges to help create and maintain a tech ecosystem that is constantly evolving. As part of the development team, you will enjoy a creative, challenging, and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your programming expertise.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic C++ engineer whose role will be to help the team which is primarily focused on development of new in- game features with stability and quality in focus.
With us, you'll get to work at the forefront of the mobile gaming business, in an energized and fun environment. Naturally you'll share your knowledge and skills with the rest of the team.
We are a growing business and the opportunities for growth and career development are plenty.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, maintaining, and optimizing both new and existing game features
- Taking an active part in improving the Seasons experience in Candy Crush Saga
- Contributing high quality and well- structured code to our global code base
- Sharing knowledge and helping colleagues
Skills to create thrills:
- You have a great passion for programming and are committed to quality and polish. You are genuinely passionate about developing new innovative solutions, and game industry R&D - whether you have done so professionally already or are looking to join the industry! As a developer, you are also analytical and interested in understanding the whole tech stack.
- You enjoy programming in C++ and are proficient in it.
- Possess a high sense of quality and polish and pride in the work you deliver
- Capable of taking technical responsibility of the code you develop and openness to feedback
- Own estimation of your work and help inform the timelines
- Ability to identify risks and voice them in a professional and timely manner
- Good team player
- Have the ability to learn and adapt to the technologies used at Candy
- Experience with version control systems like Git
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment systems
- Experience within Feature development within games
- Experience with Android or iOS development
- Experience in working with memory / performance critical applications
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com