Software Engineer (C++ / C#) - Frostbite
11 days ago
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world-class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
What does a Frostbite Software Engineer do on our team?
As more and more games transition or get developed on Frostbite, it is critical that systems and components work seamlessly and are able to leverage the powerful potential of the Frostbite Engine. This is a challenging role that requires a seasoned software engineer proficient in one or multiple domains spanning rendering, systems, animation, work pipelines, online, etc. You will have the awesome opportunity to work on the front lines with both game teams and our core engine teams, offering further growth and professional development experience.
- Collaborate closely with game team engineers and project managers to hit key milestones and deliverables
- Refactor complex features and systems to Frostbite and ensure they are feature-complete, performant and testable
- Provide subject matter expertise, guidance and improvements on how to fully leverage Frostbite features and advantages
- Implement and instill best practices in harvesting innovations and common features back to the engine
Required Skills and Experience
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Math or relevant experience
- Strong C++ and C# knowledge of C++ & C# coding principles and practices with a minimum of 5 years of professional programming experience
- Working experience in at least one of the following domains – Rendering, Systems, Animation, Cinematics
- Experience on current gaming platforms
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using debugging tools
- Ability to test, debug and extend other Software Engineers' code
- Understanding of memory management, multi-processor use and runtime optimization
- Strong ability to work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion