This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer, C++ - Blizzard Core Tech
9 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Software Engineer, C++ - Blizzard Core Tech
How would it feel to have your code and tools be a key component in the development process of every Blizzard game? Do you have an inquisitive mind? Join us to tackle challenging problems!
The Blizzard Core Technology team is looking for software engineers to build solutions that solve hard problems shared by all Blizzard games. Engineers on the team focus on building SDKs that are integrated into game engines across Blizzard and Activision. Our team works on a wide variety of applications and code; from abstracting asynchronous IO layers to distributing data to players around the globe. With such a large array of feature types, we seek individuals who have a passion for learning new things and solving hard problems.
Our ideal candidate enjoys software engineering and is excited about cross platform development. They want to craft APIs that are not only easy to use, but also engineered to harness the full capabilities of a system, to create the best experience for our players.
Come, work with us! Together we will build something exceptional!
What you will do...
- Develop libraries used by game engines, supplying features to our players or abstract common engine problems
- Develop and maintain systems for optimal performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Directly support teams with their software and integration needs
- Collaborate with game teams and fellow team members to develop and refine key systems
To succeed you must have...
- Fluency in C++
- A willingness to work on a variety of projects
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate precisely with programmers, designers, producers, and artists alike
- Attention to detail
- A commitment to code quality, documentation, and testing
- The ability to work within and add to an established code framework
We’re also interested in hearing about...
- Experience with code optimization
- Experience designing library APIs
- Experience with cross-platform development (desktop, console, mobile etc.)
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Your debugging skills (Visual Studio, XCode, etc.)
- That hard problem you built an amazingly creative solution for
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.