Software Engineer - BioWare
8 days ago
At BioWare , our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling.
As a Software Engineer on the BioWare Quality Technology team , you will focus on driving the use of high-quality software delivery practices for the team. The Quality Technology team at BioWare is a small team that has a large impact on several games in development.
Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world.
What You Will Do:
- Use your knowledge of software engineering concepts to implement tested, reusable, and modular code
- Evaluate and present new technology to the team and help us look for opportunities for innovation
- Eager to understand the broad ecosystem of technologies used across multiple projects and platforms
- Create the right approach by understanding the technical needs of a solution, maintainability, scalability and help us deliver value to the business
- Understand the reason behind the requirements of the business to find creative solutions
- Take ownership of technical design and implementation for a set of features
- Demonstrate ownership over your work, through your communication, by delivering quality and consistency
- Monitor tools usage, performance and resolve any failures
- Mentor other software developers
- Learn and add to the team's collective knowledge base
Who You Are:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Computer Science Degree, Computer Engineering Degree, or equivalent.
- 5+ years software industry technical experience.
- Understanding of high-quality software delivery practices such as: continuous integration, test automation, continuous delivery, loosely coupled architectures, and system health monitoring.
- Experience developing Technical Briefs.
- Tech experience or understanding of "Unreal' – (nice to have)
- The ability to understand and work within a broad ecosystem of different technologies from full-stack web development to native C++.
- The ability to debug complex processes spread over discrete systems.
- A strong understanding of how to prioritize your work and adapt as circumstances change to bring the most value to our partners.
- Ability to work with customers with a diverse set of backgrounds and needs – able to speak their language, appreciate their challenges, and maintain their respect.