Software Engineer - BioWare
8 days ago
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
As a Software Engineer on the BioWare Quality Technology team, you will focus on driving the use of high-quality software delivery practices for the team. The Quality Technology team at BioWare is a small team that has a large impact on several games in development. You will use your understanding of industry standard software delivery practices, to help facilitate the team's transformation towards a quality first software engineering team.
Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world.
What You Will Do:
- Use your knowledge of software engineering concepts to implement tested, reusable, and modular code
- Evaluate and present new technology to the team and help us look for opportunities for innovation
- Create the right approach by understanding the technical needs of a solution, maintainability, scalability and help us deliver value to the business
- Understand the reason behind the requirements of the business to find creative solutions
- Take ownership of technical design and implementation for a set of features
- Demonstrate ownership over your work, through your communication, by delivering quality and consistency
- Monitor tools usage, performance and resolve any failures
- Mentor other software developers
- Learn and add to the team's collective knowledge base
Who You Are:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years of industry technical experience working on tools, test automation and development process improvements
- Experience with .NET, C# and bonus if you have C++ experience
- Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB
- Experience building platform-grade tools and services
- Experience mentoring peers, and delivering technical presentations
- Experience creating system-level technical design and documentation
- Knowledge of the software life-cycle, modern testing methods and good understanding of continuous integration