Software Engineer, Backend
11 days ago
We are looking for talented engineers who are passionate about using software engineering to make kids love to learn and redefine learning at home, at BYJU’S. You will have an opportunity to work in a highly motivated fast-paced environment in the fastest-growing Ed-Tech company. You will be building platforms and services to be used across various products. You will have the opportunity to create a significant impact on our systems, our business, and most importantly on the life of millions of our students and teachers as we take on challenges that will reshape the education industry.
You will be joining our Osmo (Byjus' international brand) international team, collaborating with engineers working from France, the United States, and India.
We are looking for smart people with excellent coding skills and a can-do attitude. Candidates should be eager to learn, flexible to pivot when needed, savvy enough to thrive in a dynamic environment, and should possess a growth mindset.
Osmo is an award winning accelerated learning system that changes the way homes and classrooms interact with technology. Osmo combines physical interactions with digital experiences to make learning more engaging, fun and effective. Osmo is growing and expanding rapidly as the education market continues to be redefined and is seeking individuals who are passionate about education and building great learning and teaching experiences with new technologies.
Osmo was recently acquired by Byju’s, the largest and fastest growing education technology startup globally. Recently valued at over $16B US and investing $1.1B in the US in 2021, Byju’s + Osmo will be working together to bring the love of learning to homes and schools everywhere.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing scalable backend systems, following and promotes SDLC best practices: Coding standard, testing, code reviews, code comments, etc.
- Optimize systems for maximum speed and reliability.
- Coordinate with front-end engineers to establish JSON-based APIs.
- Provide assistance to QA to ensure the product is properly tested
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Strong experience in scalable backend development.
- 4+ years of general experience in software programming in any of Go, Java, and C++.
- Good understanding of software engineering practices, Data Structures & Algorithms.
- Solid knowledge in distributed systems and multi-threading.
- Experience with Linux/Unix.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.