This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer - Backend
25 days ago
At AccelByte, our mission is to empower game creators by providing them with the backend platform and tools required to make scalable, reliable AAA-quality games. The company was founded in 2016 by industry veterans who have engineered online systems for some of the largest game and distribution platforms in the world including Fortnite, Epic Store, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and EA Origin. We are backed by top investors including Softbank, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Galaxy Interactive, NetEase, and Krafton. Our latest Series B funding has firmly solidified our place as a top player in the gaming industry. AccelByte’s talent has decades of experience building and shipping some of the largest game and distribution platforms in the world.
We believe that the best companies empower employees to make decisions, obsess about the best user experience, and are not afraid to make and learn from their mistakes. Our culture is based on humility, openness to feedback, drive, and collaboration, which we feel results in the best performing teams. As a company that values diversity, inclusion, and employee growth, our employees have opportunities to work with and learn from teams all over the world. We offer competitive salaries, a full range of health benefits, social activities, career growth opportunities, and an amazing team. Come join us!
As a Backend Software Engineer, you design, implement, and maintain software solutions to meet given requirements. The ideal candidate should be able to guide others and provide exemplary solutions to complex problems.
The Backend Software Engineer is accountable for the following functions and responsibilities:
- Review and provide feedback on your coworker’s changes
- Investigate issues in any code to root cause and create fixes
- Design and develop software solutions to meet requirements
- Write code comments, change descriptions and documentation so others can maintain your work
- Create end-to-end tests that validate your code in context
- Develop and implement short-term and suggest long-term mitigations for incidents
- Train and mentor less experienced engineers
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to assist them when they face obstacles
- Maintain a high standard of engineering excellence by adhering to best practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Specializes in distributed systems, experience with technologies like AWS, GoLang, Java, and Databases
- At least 4 year of professional software engineering experience
- Experience with the full lifecycle of a software product
- Professional experience working with multiple languages and technologies
- Real world experience making tradeoffs with algorithms, data structures and network protocols
- Proficiency in written and verbal English language to succeed in a remote work environment
- Flexibility to adjust to work routines/schedules, as required, to meet the needs of the company and expectations of customers
- Professional experience at a AAA game studio or a mature software product company preferred
- Professional experience working with cloud platforms or web products preferred
- Experience working in a multinational technology startup is a big plus
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
AccelByte Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, all qualified candidates and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or disability. Our culture is innovative and inclusive, and we value our people the highest.
Please visit our career page for a complete listing of our open positions https://accelbyte.io/careers