This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer (Backend) – Platform
Irvine CA 92618 US
4 months ago
Backend Engineer - Platform
El Segundo, CA
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever-expanding worldwide team of over 6,000 employees, and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, KartRider and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of online gaming, let’s talk!
Nexon's Platform team aspires to provide successful Account, Commerce, and Launcher services to all Nexon games.
As a Backend Engineer, you will collaborate with Project Managers, Quality Assurance, and our Infrastructure team to create and support platform's backend features. Moreover, you will be involved with Nexon's platform that uses cloud-based servers to distribute online PC games at a global scale.
- Design and develop backend API and software for platform services
- Improve and automate tests and deployment systems
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve platform capabilities
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure highest code quality
- Prioritize and deliver projects under deadlines
Skills & Requirements
Your qualifications include:
- 3+ years' engineering experience
- Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with the following languages and technologies: Java, Golang, AWS, Kubernetes, Microservice Architectures
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Online game industry experience
- Good understanding of Microservice architecture
- Knowledge of AWS
- Knowledge of CI/CD and Test automation is a big plus